Have you been working out to shed those extra calories that are making you look fat? People often think weight loss means simply losing some weight regardless of the method that is followed. Exercises and a few other activities help in burning calories. But, we need to make sure that the calories that we burn are parts of the extra fat that is present in the body. You cannot afford to lose your muscle mass as this will contribute highly towards loss of strength.
Various blog posts have been speaking about weight loss plans that include a diet plan and a workout routine that one is expected to follow. Women who spend most of their time at home are the ones who are more prone to weight gain. Although they might be taking up some household chores to keep them busy and active, this might not give them the expected results.
Are you a house wife or a working woman wanting to learn some basic weight loss tips that can be performed while you are home? You are not the only one! There are a many more like you who wish to lose weight without having to walk out of their house or the locality. Gyms are considered to be an expensive option for such homely women. You can simply adapt to a few activities that can be performed at any place where you would be comfortable.
Making up your Mind and Setting Goals
This is the most important thing that you need to think of as this will help you stay determined and focus on your goals irrespective of the difficulties you may face. While planning out a weight loss regime, one thing that you will need the most is DETERMINATION! You cannot do anything if you are not determined to achieve your goals soon.
Identify your needs and think about the best ways that will help you lose your fat. One thing that you need to be sure of is the amount of fat you want to lose. You can later divide it into smaller parts that can be worked on by a weekly schedule. The standard amount of fats that one should lose within a week is 2lbs. This means that one needs to burn at least 3500 to about 7000 calories per week that can be calculated to be about 500 to 1000 calories to be burnt in a day.
Once you know the amount of calories to be burnt, you can then decide the intensity of workouts or exercises that have to be performed. There are a variety of exercises or simple activities that will help you lose weight simply by staying back at home.
The Activities for Weight Loss at Home
· Walking: Maintaining and cleaning a home requires a lot of moving about. Walking through the rooms and the corridors to rearrange things or even walking up and down the stairs can help you keep yourself active. If you have a treadmill at home, you can try walking over it for about an hour. This will help you burn 298 calories approximately within an hour. Once you get used to this, you can later try jogging or running that will increase the amount of calories burnt to about 446 to even a 1000 calories in an hour.
· Tidying the House: Activities that will need to you reach the cabinets on top, clean them, bend over and pick things will not only help you keep your home clean and well arranged, but will also help you burn a few extra calories. The average amount of calories that you may burn by simply going up, bending forward and by picking things is about 230 in an hour.
· Gardening: Gardening does not simply include planting trees and plants in the garden or watering the ones that are present. You can stroll around the garden and watch out for any growing weeds that have to be plucked out and add a few fertilizers for plants that may need them. This will help you burn approximately 272 calories in an hour.
Apart from the Household chores, you can also indulge yourself in activities that will help you burn some more extra calories. These include:
· Aerobics: Aerobics are known to be a fun way of exercising. You can take up this activity for an hour daily and watch the results being seen on your weight. There are two types of aerobics you can try. The low intensity one is for the beginners. This helps burn about 410 calories within an hour. Once you gain enough strength and your body gets used to these exercises, you can try the high intensity forms that will help you burn 520 calories an hour.
· Martial Arts: The unsafe environment and increase in the violence against women has promoted the need to learn martial arts as a method of self defense. There are a number of martial arts training institutes that will help you learn many different forms of it. You can select any one among them so that you can later practice it at home. The ancient forms are very complex and may be difficult to learn quickly. But, martial art forms like the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu may be easy for you to learn quickly and thus practice it by yourself at home.
· Yoga: Yoga is one of the most ancient methods that is being used by people in order to stay fit. There are various forms of yoga that help concentrate on different parts of the body and thus help in considerable weight loss too.
There are times when you will have to also keep control over your diet. You can control the number of calories you take in if you are unable to perform any specific exercise up to the extent you are supposed to. Being busy with household chores will surely help. But, if you try and include a bit of Aerobics, Martial arts or Yoga, you will be able to see better results.